- This Issue
- Mandala eZine December 2011
- Mandala eZine August 2011
- Mandala eZine May 2011
- Mandala eZine February 2011
- Mandala eZine December 2010
- Mandala eZine August 2010
- Mandala eZine May 2010
- Mandala eZine February 2010
- Mandala eZine December 2009
- Mandala eZine August 2009
- Mandala eZine May 2009
- Mandala eZine February 2009
- Mandala eZine December 2008
In April 2013, Lama Zopa Rinpoche and the Lama Zopa Rinpoche Bodhichitta Fund offered US$65,187 to the FPMT Puja Fund, which sponsors ongoing pujas at the great monasteries in India and Nepal, with over 9,000 Sangha participating. All the pujas are dedicated for the long life of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and to the success of all FPMT centers, projects, students, benefactors and those serving the organization in any way.
For Saka Dawa (this year, May 25), the Puja Fund offers the following:
- Tukchuma Puja, 64 Offerings to Kalarupa, Medicine Buddha Puja at Kopan Monastery, Nepal
- 100,000 recitations of the Praises to the 21 Taras and offerings to Sangha at Kopan Monastery and Khachoe Ghakyil Nunnery, Nepal
- Offerings to all of Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s gurus
- Offerings are made to all the Sangha at international Sangha communities
- 16 Nyung Nä cycles and offering to the nuns at Potawa Nunnery, Tibet
- Making and filling of stupas and lunch offering to participants at Chenrezig Institute, Australia
- White wash and four giant saffron flower petals are offered to Bouddhanath and Swayambunath stupas in Nepal, as well as offering new umbrellas to the stupas’ pinnacles
- A new set of robes of the most precious material is offered to the Buddha inside the Bodhgaya Mahabodhi temple as well as the Jowo Buddha in Lhasa’s Jokang and also gold is offered to the holy face of the Jowo Buddha
Some of the offerings to the Puja Fund were accumulated from what was offered to Lama Zopa Rinpoche at the recent long life pujas in Singapore and Taiwan while on tour in Southeast Asia February through March. A long life puja was also offered to Rinpoche by more than 500 students in Malaysia.
If you like what you read on Mandala, consider becoming a Friend of FPMT, which supports our work. Friends of FPMT at the Basic level and higher receive the print magazine Mandala, delivered quarterly to their homes.
Subscribe to our Feed
1632 SE 11th Avenue
Portland, OR 97214-4702
Office Telephone: (503) 808-1588
Toll free [US only]: (866) 808-3302
Fax: (503) 232-0557
About Mandala Publications
Mandala Publications is the official publication of the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT), an international charitable organization founded by two Tibetan Buddhist masters, Lama Thubten Yeshe (1935-1984) and Lama Thubten Zopa Rinpoche. FPMT is a vibrant international community, with a network of 160 affiliate centers, projects and services, and members in more than 30 countries.
Mandala print magazine is published in January, April, July and October. Mandala is available via the Friends of FPMT program.